No products in the cart.
FreeStand Acoustic Panel (gobo)
- Ideal for use in front of doors and windows
- Free standing, movable panel with a sleek, modern looking design
- Stainless steel supports
- Easy to store
- Standard dimensions: 600mm x 1520mm x 50mm
- Also available in a 100mm profile for more low end absorption. Visit our FreeStand Bass Trap page for more info.
- 50mm Standard weight: 5kg
- Can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- Available in 9 standard GIK Acoustics Camira Cara fabric colors
- Additional Camira Cara or Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material
The GIK Acoustics FreeStand Acoustic Panel is a gobo – a movable acoustic panel – and is ideal for any room where wall mounted panels cannot be used or for rooms with multiple purposes. For listening rooms, control rooms and home theatres, the FreeStand Acoustic Panel is a stylish solution for use in front of doors and windows. For recording studios, the FreeStand Acoustic Panel can be used around drums or amps.
The FreeStand Acoustic Panel covers 1520mm of vertical wall space making it an ideal solution for early reflection points or helping to control over all ambiance in a room. When placed against the wall, the supports leave a 100mm gap between the FreeStand Acoustic Panel and the wall, which increases low end absorption.
The FreeStand comes with two stainless steel supports (or “feet”) which are easy to install. Simply place the FreeStand wherever you need it in the room. Move it around, use it anywhere and then store it away out of sight when not in use.
GIK Acoustics FreeStand Acoustic Panel GIK Acoustics FreeStand Acoustic Panel Full Report As part of their internationally renowned acoustics measurement facility, the University of Salford’s Acoustic Test & Calibration Laboratory provides an independent, service for acoustic consultancies, local authorities, construction, product design and other acoustic-related industries. See their UKAS scope here for Calibration and Testing.
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
First Reflection Points
- If you've spent any time looking for information about treating your space, chances are you've run across the term "early reflection point", "First Reflection Points" or "mirror point". These are just semi-technical terms used to describe a phenomenon common to all enclosed spaces no matter what size: that the direct sound from the loudspeakers will arrive at the listener's ears before the reflected sound does. This video explains finding and treating First Reflection Points.
FreeStand Acoustic Panels are available in our 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to any Camira Cara colour for an additional £4.00 per panel or choose Camira Lucia fabric for an additional £10.00 per panel.
9 STANDARD CAMIRA CARA COLOURSAdditional Options: click HERE.
There's a difference between a GIK Acoustics product and all others on the market. We separate ourselves from other acoustic treatment manufacturers in 6 primary areas.