FreeStand Bass Trap
£133.50 Exc VAT | £160.20 Inc VAT
- Ideal for use in corners
- Free standing, movable bass trap with a sleek, modern looking design
- Stainless steel supports
- Easy to store
- Standard dimensions: 600mm x 1520mm
- 100mm Standard weight: 10kg
- Also available in a thin 50mm profile as an absorption panel. Visit our FreeStand Acoustic Panel page for more information.
- Can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- Available in 9 standard GIK Acoustics Camira Cara fabric colors
- Additional Camira Cara or Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material
The FreeStand Bass Trap covers 1520mm of vertical wall space making it ideal to straddle corners. When placed against the wall, the supports leave a 100mm gap between the FreeStand Bass Trap and the wall, which increases low end absorption.
The FreeStand Bass Trap comes with two stainless steel supports (or “feet”) which are easy to install. Simply place the FreeStand Bass Trap wherever you need it in the room. Move it around, use it anywhere and then store it away out of sight when not in use.
As part of their internationally renowned acoustics measurement facility, the University of Salford’s Acoustic Test & Calibration Laboratory provides an independent, service for acoustic consultancies, local authorities, construction, product design and other acoustic-related industries. See their UKAS scope here for Calibration and Testing.
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
First Reflection Points
- If you've spent any time looking for information about treating your space, chances are you've run across the term "early reflection point", "First Reflection Points" or "mirror point". These are just semi-technical terms used to describe a phenomenon common to all enclosed spaces no matter what size: that the direct sound from the loudspeakers will arrive at the listener's ears before the reflected sound does. This video explains finding and treating First Reflection Points.
FreeStand Bass Traps are available in our 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to any Camira Cara colour for an additional £4.00 per panel or choose Camira Lucia fabric for an additional £10.00 per bass trap.