GIK Acoustics Tri-Trap Corner Bass Trap
£ 218.00 per pair Exc VAT | £ 109.00 each
£ 261.60 per pair Inc VAT
To provide our customers with the best possible value, the Tri-Trap is packaged in pairs. If you wish to order a quantity that is not in multiples of two, please contact us to determine shipping rates.
Add on a SCATTER PLATE?
Tri-Trap Corner Bass Trap FEATURES:
- Designed to fit in any corner
- Able to support up to 22.5 kgs in weight
- Top and bottom available in three colours: white, black, or Beech Wood Veneer
- standard size: 1200mm tall x 585 mm front
- weight: 6 kg
- can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- RANGE LIMITER options
- FULL RANGE – without a membrane, bass traps are broadband
- RANGE LIMITER – with a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies
- optional built-in Scatter Plate for an even balance of absorption, diffusion, and scattering
- available in 9 standard Camira Cara fabric colors
- additional Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material.
Many studios, home theaters and listening rooms make do with foam wedges in corners which are unattractive and far less efficient in sound wave absorption than acoustic panels. Our dedicated sound engineers have developed a more attractive and effective product – the GIK Acoustics TRI-TRAP Corner Bass Trap.
The Tri-Trap is one of our most effective bass traps and takes up far less floor space. Constructed with a solid core of absorption material, the Tri-Trap is a freestanding triangular prism able to hold up to 22.5 kgs in weight. The Tri-Trap’s clean, professional design means it does not have to be mounted to the wall or corners and is stackable for floor-to-ceiling coverage.
The Tri-Trap, like all GIK Acoustics bass traps, was lab tested at the prestigious Riverbank Acoustical Laboratory and showed to have true effects at 50Hz and below. The Tri-Trap has been effectively designed to absorb more low end, but also does an excellent job of absorbing the high end, creating smooth sound absorption from 50 Hz to 5000 Hz. Installing our Tri-Traps will result in a beautifully balanced room that will suit even the most critical listener. Click HERE to see the Tri-Trap Product Video.
GIK Acoustics Tri-Trap Product Video
- This video provides product information for the GIK Acoustics Tri-Trap Corner Bass Trap. Descriptions of size, color options, placement and construction are presented.
Bass Traps and Understanding Low Frequencies
- This video examines how low end frequencies move in a room and how bass traps can solve these problems.
Tri-Trap Corner Bass Traps are available in our 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to any Camira Cara colour for an additional £4.00 per panel or choose Camira Lucia fabric for an additional £10.00 per panel.
9 STANDARD CAMIRA CARA COLOURSAdditional Options:Choose any Camira Cara fabric for additional £4.00 per panel (+ VAT) Choose any Camira Lucia fabric for additional £10.00 per panel (+ VAT) To view the full line of Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabrics click HERE.
WANT TO ADD BUILT-IN SCATTERING TO YOUR PANELS?
Broadband treatments offer great performance with an attractive price and when coupled with diffusion and scattering, can give your room a completely balanced sound throughout, without over-dampening high frequencies.
The GIK Acoustics built-in Scatter Plate option allows even decay time from low to high frequencies while providing the necessary space for absorption to flatten the frequency response. Read more about the new GIK Acoustics Scatter Plate here.
After adding GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology to your cart, you can then select Scatter Plate from the Diffusion Products menu and have them built into your 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology for only £37.50 Exc VAT/£45.00 Inc VAT per panel.
Mounting a Tri-Trap Corner Bass Trap
The GIK Acoustics Tri-Trap Corner Bass Trap is intended to be freestanding or stacked floor-to-ceiling. However, if you wish to mount a Tri-Trap in a wall-to-wall corner, we recommend using L brackets on the side walls so the Tri-Trap sits like a shelf. The Tri-Trap can also be mounted in the wall-to-ceiling corners using four L brackets: two placed on the ceiling and two placed on the wall to hold the Tri-Trap into place. See the following examples in composer/producer Mike Plas's studio. (See the full spotlight on Mike's studio here.)