Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap
£ 312.00 per pair Exc VAT | £ 156.00 each
£ 374.40 per pair Inc VAT
Available in one-dimensional or two-dimensional scattering / diffusion sequences
To provide our customers with the best possible value, the CT Alpha Bass Trap is packaged in pairs. If you wish to order a quantity that is not in multiples of two, please contact us to determine shipping rates.
Alpha Series plates available in beech wood veneer, white veneer and black veneer
The GIK Acoustics Alpha Series is changing the face of acoustic panels and bass traps by beautifully combining absorption with diffusion. With the Alpha Series, customers can enhance any room both aesthetically and acoustically with superior quality, high-performing, stylish acoustic panels and bass traps.
Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap
Low end sound waves reflect off walls, floors, and ceilings yet collect in corners where the boundaries meet. The amount of bass in one corner can vary from the amount of bass buildup in another due to things like monitor and subwoofer placement as well as room structure. GIK Acoustics has developed the Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap to deal with varying levels of reflection in corners.
Constructed with a solid core, Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap is freestanding and able to hold up to 22.5 kgs in weight. The clean, professional design means it does not have to be mounted to the wall or corners and is stackable for floor-to-ceiling coverage.
The Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap features an attractive plate crafted with your choice of one-dimensional or two-dimensional scattering / diffusion sequences. Behind the fabric is a solid core of rigid rockwool – NOT FOAM – for true absorption.
Available in three scattering options:
- One-Dimensional – The 1D option uses a mathematical sequence in a column that extends the length of the panel. The vertical slats of the 1D allow sound energy to be scattered in a horizontal plane.
- Two-Dimensional – The 2D options use a sequence of columns and rows with variable spacing that provides horizontal and vertical scattering of sound. Additional £27.50 per each Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap
- 2D (a) has a pattern of dots and dashes
- 2D (b) has a pattern of dashes
Both the one-dimensional and two-dimensional options start to diffuse at 1000Hz and are great for any kind of room and in any location in the room. The Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap, like all GIK Acoustics bass traps, was independently lab tested.
If you’re not sure which scattering option to choose, we are happy to help. Contact us for free acoustical advice.
- designed to fit in any corner
- highly attractive, modern, decorative Alpha Plate available in beech wood veneer, black veneer, or white veneer
- Caps available in two standard colors. White tops on light fabric bass traps; black tops on all other standard colors.
- standard size: 1205mm tall x 595mm front
- weight: 6 kgs
- available in 9 standard Camira Cara fabric colors
- additional Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material.
GIK Acoustics Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap
The tests were carried out in the large reverberation room at the University of Salford (Manchester England). The room has been designed with hard surfaces and non-parallel walls to give long empty room reverberation times with uniform decays.
GIK Acoustics Alpha Series 4A Alpha Panel Product Video
- This video provides product information for the GIK Acoustics 4A Alpha Panel. Descriptions of size, color options, placement and construction are presented.
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
How Diffusion Works
- Diffusors are used to treat sound imperfections in rooms such as echoes and are an excellent complement to sound absorption because they do not remove sound energy. In this video we’ll examine How Diffusion Works.
Bass Traps and Understanding Low Frequencies
- This video examines how low end frequencies move in a room and how bass traps can solve these problems.
Corner CT Alpha Bass Traps are available in our 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to any Camira Cara colour for an additional £4.00 per panel or choose Camira Lucia fabric for an additional £10.00 per panel.
9 STANDARD CAMIRA CARA COLOURSAdditional Options:Choose any Camira Cara fabric for additional £4.00 per panel (+ VAT) Choose any Camira Lucia fabric for additional £10.00 per panel (+ VAT) To view the full line of Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabrics click HERE.
Mounting a Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap
The GIK Acoustics Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap is intended to be freestanding or stacked floor-to-ceiling. However if you wish to mount a Corner CT Alpha Bass Trap in a wall-to-wall corner, we recommend using L brackets on the side walls so the Corner CT Alpha sits like a shelf. The Corner CT Alpha can also be mounted in the wall-to-ceiling corners using four L brackets: two placed on the ceiling and two placed on the wall to hold the Corner CT Alpha into place.