No products in the cart.
GIK Acoustics Scopus Tuned Membrane Bass Trap (T70)
The GIK Acoustics Scopus trap takes low end control to new level with maximum targeted absorption.
Incorporate diffusion in your Tuned Bass Trap with Impression Series or Alpha Series plates
The GIK Acoustics Scopus Tuned Membrane Bass Trap takes low end control to new level with maximum targeted absorption using a membrane design with an air tight chamber. Think of them like a drum in reverse. When you strike a drum, it makes a sound based on the mass of the head and the size and depth of the drum body. In the Scopus Tuned Membrane Bass Trap, the sound strikes the ‘head’ and causes the membrane to move, absorbing the energy based on the mass of the membrane and the depth of the sealed cavity.
Unlike a Helmholtz resonator which has a narrow range of absorption, the Scopus Tuned Membrane Bass Trap has a broad absorption frequency range from 35Hz to 125Hz. Center frequencies are 40Hz, 70Hz, and 100Hz. It is a perfect addition to rooms that already have broadband control, but still require targeted control without absorbing above 125Hz. All this in a package that is as thin as 4 inches!
GIK Acoustics also offers the option to build the Scopus Tuned Membrane Bass Trap to target whatever center frequency is required for your needs (please email or call for pricing). For professional, targeted bass control, look no further than the GIK Acoustics Scopus Tuned Membrane Bass Trap series.
Incorporate diffusion in your Tuned Bass Trap with Impression Series or Alpha Series plates.
The addition of an Impression or Alpha Series plate helps diffuse/scatter high frequencies vs a direct reflection off the unit, plus it adds visual impact. The plate will not interfere with low end absorption at the desired frequency.
Plates available in 5 beautiful patterns:
In three different plate finishes: beech wood veneer, white rigid vinyl, black rigid vinyl
Plates available in three scattering options:
- One-Dimensional – The 1D option uses a mathematical sequence in a column that extends the length of the panel. The vertical slats of the 1D allow sound energy to be scattered in a horizontal plane.
- Two-Dimensional – The 2D options use a sequence of columns and rows with variable spacing that provides horizontal and vertical scattering of sound.
- 2D (a) has a pattern of dots and dashes
- 2D (b) has a pattern of dashes
In three different plate finishes: beech wood veneer white rigid vinyl, black rigid vinyl
SCOPUS TUNED BASS TRAP FEATURES:
- 100% pressure based absorption
- Professionally designed and manufactured
- Dimensions: 60cm x 60cm x 9.5cm for flexible mounting
- Weight: 10.5 kg
- Target Frequency Range: 55 Hz – 100 Hz
- Easy to hang or stackable
- Lab tested
- Narrow, targeted absorption range (< 1 octave)
- You can choose to add diffusion to your Scopus Trap by selecting plates from either the Alpha Series (3 patterns available) or Impression Series (5 patterns available). Plates come in three finishes: beech wood veneer, white acrylic, or black acrylic.
- Custom tunings available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material.
Certified lab tests have proven that the GIK Acoustics Scopus Tuned Membrane Trap provides better sound quality than any other traps on the market.
GIK Acoustics Scopus Tuned Bass Trap Product Video
- This video provides information for the GIK Acoustics Scopus Tuned Bass Trap. Descriptions of size, color options, placement and construction are presented.
Bass Traps and Understanding Low Frequencies
- This video examines how low end frequencies move in a room and how bass traps can solve these problems.
OPTIONAL: Incorporate diffusion in your Scopus Tuned Bass Trap with Impression Series or Alpha Series plates, which are available in three finishes: beech wood veneer, white acrylic, or black acrylic.
Scopus Tuned Bass Traps are available in our 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to any Camira Cara colour for an additional £4.00 per panel or choose Camira Lucia fabric for an additional £10.00 per panel.
9 STANDARD CAMIRA CARA COLOURS
To view the full line of Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabrics click HERE.
There's a difference between a GIK Acoustics product and all others on the market. We separate ourselves from other acoustic treatment manufacturers in 6 primary areas.