The GIK Acoustics Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology is 167mm thick and available in three standard sizes: Rectangle (600mm x 1200mm) | Square (600mm x 600mm) | Narrow (300mm x 1200mm)
MONSTER BASS TRAP FEATURES:
- patented design utilizes a two-frame system and built-in air gap which increases low end absorption
- FlexRange Technology options
- FULL RANGE – without a membrane, bass traps are broadband
- RANGE LIMITER – with a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies
- our thickest panel – 167mm thick and available in three standard sizes: Rectangle (600mm x 1200mm) | Square (600mm x 600mm) | Narrow (300mm x 1200mm)
- Rectangle (600mm x 1200mm) weight: FULL RANGE = 7.75 kg | RANGE LIMITER = 9.75 kg
- easy wall and corner installation using wire integrated in the back like a picture frame
- optional built-in Scatter Plate for an even balance of absorption, diffusion, and scattering
- free standing options available with metal stands or boom stand brackets (boom stand not included)
- easy to install on ceiling with optional Cloud Mounting Bracket
- can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- available in 9 standard Camira Cara fabric colors
- additional Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material
The Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology is our most effective panel, raising the bar for bass traps. Measuring in at a whopping 167mm thick, the design of the Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology allows it to be used in multiple quantities to absorb as much bass as possible without over absorbing the high end, which leaves life inside the room.
With the Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology, low end becomes clearer making it easier mix. No more guessing on bass levels during mix down. No more hassles trying to clean up nasty nulls and spikes that are common in all rooms. With new certified lab tests, the Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology has a rating of 24 Sabins per unit – 50% more effective than our 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology. There is no other product on the market that even comes close.
When combined with our proprietary RANGE LIMITER membrane system, the Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology absorbs up to 50% more low end (below 60Hz) and retains 75% more high end (from 400Hz and above) versus the broadband FULL RANGE option.
While many commercially available products are simple fabric-wrapped panels, the Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology is precision engineered and manufactured to exacting standards. We begin with a two-frame system that allows sound to travel behind the panel for greater low-frequency absorption. GIK Acoustics uses high-quality fabrics as our standard options as opposed to cheap burlap or microsuede. Our materials are Greensafe which means GIK products are easy on air quality for your room, the environment, and your budget. The Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology hangs truly flush on the wall using an integrated wire on the back and can easily be mounted straddling corners (recommended) or as a cloud on the ceiling.
“The GIK Acoustics Monster Bass Trap was the perfect trap to reduce a resonance that I detected in studio B.” Bob Katz Mastering Engineer Digital Domain Website