GIK Acoustics Demi Q7d Diffusor
£ 300.00 per pair Exc VAT | £ 150.00 each
£ 360.00 per pair Inc VAT
To provide our customers with the best possible value, the Demi Q7d Diffusor is packaged in pairs. If you wish to order a quantity that is not in multiples of two, please contact us to determine shipping rates.
Like the full size Q7d, the Demi Q7d Diffusor is made using high quality wood laminates which are cut using CNC machines that result in extremely tight and repeatable tolerances. We use the same 7-root well design as the full size Q7d, but the Demi Q7d is only half as tall.
The smaller size makes the Demi Q7d an ideal solution to hang in mirror imaged pairs to cover a larger area without repeating the well pattern to avoid lobing. Quadratic-residue diffusors (QRDs) were designed with a wider bandwidth in mind. Diffusors scatter sound waves to make a room sound larger or reduce aberrations such as echoes.
Like the full size, the Demi Q7d Diffusor offers a wide variety of placement options from rear wall, reflection points, or behind dipole / bipole speakers to address specific situations. It can also be used in more general places to minimize slap echo.
- All wood, 7-root well diffusor
- Available in brown wood veneer finish
- Size: H 585mm x W 498mm x Depth 155mm
- Weight: 9kg
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
How Diffusion Works
- Diffusors are used to treat sound imperfections in rooms such as echoes and are an excellent complement to sound absorption because they do not remove sound energy. In this video we’ll examine How Diffusion Works.