No products in the cart.
GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology
|Size||Price per panel||Panels per box||Price per box Exc VAT||Price per box Inc VAT|
|600mm x 1200mm||£66.50||2||£133.00||£159.60|
|600mm x 600mm||£44.25||4||£177.00||£212.40|
|300mm x 1200mm||£54.00||4||£216.00||£259.20|
To provide our customers with the best possible shipping value, the 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology is packaged in multiples. If you wish to order a different quantity, please contact us to determine shipping rates.
The GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology is 118mm thick and available in three standard sizes:
Rectangle (600mm x 1200mm) | Square (600mm x 600mm) | Narrow (300mm x 1200mm)
244 BASS TRAP FEATURES:
- patented design utilizes a two-frame system and built-in air gap which increases low end absorption
- FlexRange Technology options
- FULL RANGE – without a membrane, bass traps are broadband
- RANGE LIMITER – with a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies
- easy wall and corner installation using wire integrated in the back like a picture frame
- 118mm thick and available in three standard sizes: Rectangle (600mm x 1200mm) | Square (600mm x 600mm) | Narrow (300mm x 1200mm)
- Rectangle (600mm x 1200mm) weight: FULL RANGE = 5.6 kg | RANGE LIMITER = 7.6 kg
- optional built-in Scatter Plate for an even balance of absorption, diffusion, and scattering
- free standing options available with wooden or metal stands or boom stand brackets (boom stand not included)
- easy to install on ceiling with optional Cloud Mounting Bracket
- can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- available in 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options
- additional Camira Cara or Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material.
The GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology utilizes our patented design to maximize low end control.
When combined with our proprietary RANGE LIMITER membrane system, the 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology absorbs up to 50% more low end (below 60Hz) and retains 75% more high end (from 400Hz and above) versus the broadband FULL RANGE option.
Compared to other commercially available products which are simple, fabric-wrapped, DIY-type panels, the 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology is precision engineered and manufactured to exacting standards. We begin with our patented two-frame system that allows low end to be absorbed from the sides and back while the professionally constructed frame maintains a crisp, sharp edge. GIK Acoustics uses high-quality fabrics as our standard options as opposed to cheap burlap or microsuede.
The 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology hangs truly flush on the wall using an integrated wire on the back and can easily be mounted straddling corners (recommended) or as a cloud on the ceiling. The design of the 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology allows it to be used in multiple quantities to absorb as much bass as possible without over absorbing the high end, which leaves life inside the room. Cymbals are crisp and clear while bass kicks!
“GIK Acoustics products do a remarkable job at creating a great, early-reflection free sweet spot for the engineer and controlling bass. The panels and bass traps have turned an acoustically challenging room into a perfectly workable listening environment.”
Ivo Witteveen, co-owner
MOST Audio Post, Amsterdam
GIK Acoustics was awarded US Pat. 9,091,060 which encompasses our proprietary FlexRange Technology (FRT) membrane system. Backed by research, development and testing, FlexRange Technology encompasses our proprietary bass trap design while offering customers a true choice to control the frequency range that's absorbed. Without a membrane, bass traps are broadband. With a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies.
- FULL RANGE - The Full Range option is broadband in nature maximizing low end and upper frequencies to give a true broadband range of absorption. Full Range is an excellent option at controlling low end frequencies and is the preferred choice for early reflection points or when upper frequencies need 100% absorption.
- RANGE LIMITER – The second option has a built-in frequency range limiter. This option includes a membrane system which starts absorbing at a lower frequency but also has a cut off starting around 400Hz. Using the Range Limiter option ensures maximum low end absorption while retaining nearly 100% of the upper frequencies within your room. Ideally used when no upper frequency absorption is required/desired. The Range Limiter option is an ideal solution to make a small room sound larger, keeping life within the room. Additional charge per panel for Range Limiter option.
GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Traps with FlexRange Technology - Full Range
GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Traps with FlexRange Technology - Range Limiter
GIK Acoustic Panels are tested and certified by the Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL) Sound Absorption and Sound Absorption Coefficients by the Reverberation Room Method ASTM C 423-02/NVLAP 08/P03 GIK Acoustics panels submitted to two standard acoustic test methods: ASTM "A" and "J" testing. For "A" testing the acoustic panels are placed all together flat against a surface and tested. "A" testing is the standardized testing method for the manufacturing industry. "J" testing simulates the recommended mounting of the product by the manufacturer. GIK tested two set-ups: 1) panels straddled in corners 2) panels spaced off the wall and mounted on stands. To our knowledge GIK Acoustics is the only company to provide data on both testing methods.
Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM has been accredited under the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) administers the NVLAP program. NVLAP is comprised of a series of laboratory accreditation programs, which includes specific calibration and/or test standards and related methods and protocols assembled to satisfy the unique needs for accreditation in the fields of testing or calibration. NVLAP accredits public and private laboratories based on evaluation of their technical qualifications and competency to carry out specific calibration or tests.
Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM test methods adhere to ASTM standards. Formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM International provides standards that are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems, and commercial transactions around the globe.
GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology
GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap Product Video
- This video provides product information for the GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap. Descriptions of size, color options, placement and construction are presented.
Bass Traps and Understanding Low Frequencies
- This video examines how low end frequencies move in a room and how bass traps can solve these problems.
244 Bass Traps are available in our 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to any Camira Cara colour for an additional £4.00 per panel or choose Camira Lucia fabric for an additional £10.00 per panel.
9 STANDARD CAMIRA CARA COLOURSAdditional Options:
Choose any Camira Cara fabric for additional £4.00 per panel (+ VAT)
Choose any Camira Lucia fabric for additional £10.00 per panel (+ VAT)To view the full line of Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabrics click HERE.
WANT TO ADD BUILT-IN SCATTERING TO YOUR PANELS?
Broadband treatments offer great performance with an attractive price and when coupled with diffusion and scattering, can give your room a completely balanced sound throughout, without over-dampening high frequencies.
The GIK Acoustics built-in Scatter Plate option allows even decay time from low to high frequencies while providing the necessary space for absorption to flatten the frequency response. Read more about the new GIK Acoustics Scatter Plate here.
After adding GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology to your cart, you can then select Scatter Plate from the Diffusion Products menu and have them built into your 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology for only £37.50 Exc VAT/£45.00 Inc VAT per panel.
GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Traps with FlexRange Technology are effective whether hung on walls, mounted to the ceiling or straddling corners.
We've crafted some helpful articles and videos to guide you through the installation process. Click the following links for our recommended methods for installing Bass Traps.
CLOUD MOUNTING BRACKETS
It's recommended to place acoustic panels on the ceiling to reduce floor-to-ceiling slap echo, control height modes and eliminate early reflections. But mounting 242 Acoustic Panels, 244 Bass Traps or Monster Bass Traps overhead can be tricky. We've taken the difficulty out of the equation with our Cloud Mounting Brackets. Not only are they easy to use, but at £12.50 per set they're easy on your budget. It's the perfect solution for acoustic panel or bass trap ceiling mounting. Click here to add Cloud Mounting Brackets to your order.
BOOM STAND BRACKETS
Instead of mounting the panel on the wall, we offer our Boom Stand Brackets. Installing these brackets on the panel allows it to attach to any boom stand turning your 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology into a gobo or a portable vocal booth. For only £6.25 Exc VAT/£7.50 Inc VAT you can add increased flexibility to our acoustic panels. (Boom stand not included.)
WOODEN OR CUSTOM METAL STANDS
Another alternative that adds flexibility to GIK Acoustics panels are our Wooden Stands or Custom Metal Stands. Our metal stands are modern, contemporary and powder coated for greater durability. Complete your GIK Acoustics order with either free-standing option for £35.00 Exc VAT/£42.00 Inc VAT. Looks great and provides flexibility!
There's a difference between a GIK Acoustics product and all others on the market. We separate ourselves from other acoustic treatment manufacturers in 6 primary areas.