No products in the cart.
4A Alpha Panel Diffusor / Absorber
|Size||Price per panel||Panels per box||Price per box Exc VAT||Price per box Inc VAT|
|595mm x 595mm||£72.75||2||£145.50||£174.60|
|595mm x 1205mm||£119.50||2||£239.00||£286.80|
Available in one-dimensional or two-dimensional scattering / diffusion sequences
For better results and best shipping rates, the 4A Alpha Panel is packaged in pairs. If you wish to order a different quantity, please contact us.
Alpha Series plates available in beech wood veneer, black rigid vinyl, or white rigid vinyl
The GIK Acoustics Alpha Series is changing the face of acoustic panels and bass traps by beautifully combining absorption with diffusion. With the Alpha Series, customers can enhance any room both aesthetically and acoustically with superior quality, high-performing, stylish acoustic panels and bass traps.
4A Alpha Panel
The 4A Alpha Panel features an attractive plate crafted with your choice of one-dimensional or two-dimensional scattering / diffusion sequences. Behind the plate is 100mm of rigid rockwool – NOT FOAM – for true absorption. The rigid rockwool core provides twice the low end absorption over similar foam-based products.
Available in three scattering options:
- One-Dimensional – The 1D option uses a mathematical sequence in a column that extends the length of the panel. The vertical slats of the 1D allow sound energy to be scattered in a horizontal plane.
- Two-Dimensional – The 2D options use a sequence of columns and rows with variable spacing that provides horizontal and vertical scattering of sound. Additional $20 each for Square panels and $30 each for Rectangle panels
- 2D (a) has a pattern of dots and dashes
- 2D (b) has a pattern of dashes
Both the one-dimensional and two-dimensional options start to diffuse at 1000Hz and are great for any kind of room and in any location in the room.
If you’re not sure which scattering option to choose, we are happy to help. Contact us for free acoustical advice.
Available in two standard sizes:
- Square – 595mm x 595mm – sold in pairs to create your own grouping
- Rectangle – 595mm x 1205mm – sold in pairs with or without optional freestanding supports
- OPTIONAL freestanding supports available on rectangular (595mm x 1205mm) Alpha Panel. When freestanding, the Alpha Panel can change the acoustics of a room by simply turning the panel to face front or back. Position the Alpha Plate outward for diffusion or turn the backside outward for absorption. Also allows for flexible placement in early reflection points or straddling corners as a bass trap.
- Highly attractive, modern, decorative Alpha Plate available in beech wood veneer, black rigid vinyl, or white rigid vinyl
- 4A Alpha Panel depth: 100mm sturdy wood frame with rigid rockwool core
- Square (595mm x 595mm) Standard weight: 4.8 kgs
- Rectangle (595mm x 1205mm) Standard weight: 9 kgs
- NRC = 1.05 (versus foam products where NRC = 0.4)
- Thin face plate has mathematical sequence of slots for spatial diffusion, but also allow low frequency waves to pass through to the rockwool panel for low end absorption
- Rigid rockwool core provides twice the low end absorption over similar foam-based products
- Easy to wall mount with sawtooth hanger (included). No glue or destructive adhesive when mounting
- available in 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options
- additional Camira Cara or Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material.
The 4A Alpha Panel is an attractive choice for a room where mid and high frequency chaos needs to be controlled but not removed. In a control room, the 4A Alpha Panel can be used on the front or back walls and rear sidewalls to keep the reverberation better mixed and the room lively. In home theater and two-channel audio rooms, the 4A Alpha Panel can be utilized on the rear sidewalls or behind dipole speakers to round off sharp reflections. The 4A Alpha Panel is also right at home anywhere in a tracking room or other large spaces, helping spread out the energy evenly across the whole room.
The 4A Alpha Panel is constructed as a 100mm wood-framed panel filled with rigid rockwool absorption material (core made from 100% recycled materials, environmentally friendly without any formaldehyde or urea formaldehyde), wrapped in your choice of fabric, and finished with an attractive face which has a mathematical sequence for either one-dimensional scattering/diffusion or two-dimensional scattering/diffusion.
Scattering high frequencies with the use of slats in a mathematical sequence allows you to achieve an even decay time from low to high frequencies, while providing the necessary absorption to flatten the frequency response.
For more information on using diffusion, read our article “Diffusion is a Wonderful Tool” by Jeff Hedbeck.
GIK Acoustics 4A Alpha Panel
GIK Acoustics 4A Alpha Panels were tested and certified by the Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL) Sound Absorption and Sound Absorption Coefficients by the Reverberation Room Method ASTM C 423-02/NVLAP 08/P03 GIK Acoustics panels submitted to standard acoustic test method: ASTM "A" testing. For "A" testing the acoustic panels are placed all together flat against a surface and tested. "A" testing is the standardized testing method for the manufacturing industry.
Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM has been accredited under the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) administers the NVLAP program. NVLAP is comprised of a series of laboratory accreditation programs, which includes specific calibration and/or test standards and related methods and protocols assembled to satisfy the unique needs for accreditation in the fields of testing or calibration. NVLAP accredits public and private laboratories based on evaluation of their technical qualifications and competency to carry out specific calibration or tests.
Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM test methods adhere to ASTM standards. Formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM International provides standards that are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems, and commercial transactions around the globe.
GIK Acoustics Alpha Series 4A Alpha Panel Product Video
- This video provides product information for the GIK Acoustics 4A Alpha Panel. Descriptions of size, color options, placement and construction are presented.
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
How Diffusion Works
- Diffusors are used to treat sound imperfections in rooms such as echoes and are an excellent complement to sound absorption because they do not remove sound energy. In this video we’ll examine How Diffusion Works.
4A Alpha Panels are available in our 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to any Camira Cara colour for an additional £4.00 per panel or choose Camira Lucia fabric for an additional £10.00 per panel.
9 STANDARD CAMIRA CARA COLOURSAdditional Options:
Choose any Camira Cara fabric for additional £4.00 per panel (+ VAT)
Choose any Camira Lucia fabric for additional £10.00 per panel (+ VAT)To view the full line of Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabrics click HERE.
Each Square 595mm x 595mm 4A Alpha Panel comes with a sawtooth hanger for easy wall mounting.
You have your choice of orientation. The Alpha Panel can be hung vertically or horizontally or in a combination of patterns. The choice is yours.
Each Rectangle 595mm x 1205mm 4A Alpha Panel comes with two sawtooth hangers for easy wall mounting.
OPTIONAL freestanding supports available on rectangular (595mm x 1205mm) Alpha Panel. When freestanding, the Alpha Panel can change the acoustics of a room by simply turning the panel to face front or back. Position the Alpha Plate outward for diffusion or turn the backside outward for absorption. Also allows for flexible placement in early reflection points or straddling corners as a bass trap.
There's a difference between a GIK Acoustics product and all others on the market. We separate ourselves from other acoustic treatment manufacturers in 6 primary areas.