No products in the cart.
2A Alpha Panel Diffusor / Absorber
|Size||Price per panel||Panels per box||Price per box Exc VAT||Price per box Inc VAT|
|595mm x 595mm||£65.00||2||£130.00||£156.00|
|595mm x 1205mm||£104.00||2||£208.00||£249.60|
Available in one-dimensional or two-dimensional scattering / diffusion sequences
To provide our customers with the best possible shipping value, the 2A Alpha Panel is packaged in pairs. If you wish to order a different quantity, please contact us to determine shipping rates.
Alpha Series plates available in beech wood veneer, black rigid vinyl, or white rigid vinyl
- Test Results
- Fabric Colours Available
- Alpha Series Installation Guide
- The GIK Acoustics Difference
The GIK Acoustics Alpha Series is changing the face of acoustic panels and bass traps by beautifully combining absorption with diffusion.
With the Alpha Series, customers can enhance any room both aesthetically and acoustically with superior quality, high-performing, stylish acoustic panels and bass traps.
2A Alpha Panel
The 2A Alpha Panel features an attractive plate crafted with your choice of one-dimensional or two-dimensional scattering / diffusion sequences. Behind the Alpha Plate is 50mm of rigid rockwool – NOT FOAM – for true absorption. The rigid rockwool core provides greater low end absorption over similar foam-based products.
Available in three scattering options:
- One-Dimensional – The 1D option uses a mathematical sequence in a column that extends the length of the panel. The vertical slats of the 1D allow sound energy to be scattered in a horizontal plane.
- Two-Dimensional – The 2D options use a sequence of columns and rows with variable spacing that provides horizontal and vertical scattering of sound. Additional $20 each for Square panels and $30 each for Rectangle panels
- 2D (a) has a pattern of dots and dashes
- 2D (b) has a pattern of dashes
Both the one-dimensional and two-dimensional options start to diffuse at 1000Hz and are great for any kind of room and in any location in the room.
If you’re not sure which scattering option to choose, we are happy to help. Contact us for free acoustical advice.
Available in two standard sizes:
- Square – 595mm x 595mm – sold 2 to a box to create your own grouping
- Rectangle – 595mm x 1205mm – sold 2 to a box with or without optional freestanding supports
- OPTIONAL freestanding supports available on rectangular (595mm x 1205mm) Alpha Panel. When freestanding, the Alpha Panel can change the acoustics of a room by simply turning the panel to face front or back. Position the Alpha plate outward for diffusion or turn the backside outward for absorption. Also allows for flexible placement in early reflection points or straddling corners as a bass trap.
2A Alpha Series Panel FEATURES:
- Highly attractive, modern, decorative Alpha Plate available in beech wood veneer, black rigid vinyl, or white rigid vinyl
- 2A Alpha Panel depth: 50mm sturdy wood frame with rigid rockwool core
- Square (595mm x 595mm) Standard weight: 3.25 kgs
- Rectangle (595mm x 1205mm) Standard weight: 6.5 kgs
- NRC = 1.05 (versus foam products where NRC = 0.4)
- Thin face plate has mathematical sequence of slots for spatial diffusion, but also allow low frequency waves to pass through to the rockwool panel for low end absorption
- Rigid rockwool core provides twice the low end absorption over similar foam-based products
- Easy to wall mount with sawtooth hanger (included). No glue or destructive adhesive when mounting
- available in 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options
- additional Camira Cara or Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material.
The 2A Alpha Panel is an attractive choice for a room where mid and high frequency chaos needs to be controlled but not removed. In a control room, the 2A Alpha Panel can be used on the front or back walls and rear sidewalls to keep the reverberation better mixed and the room lively. In home theatre and two-channel audio rooms, the 2A Alpha Panel can be utilized on the rear sidewalls or behind dipole speakers to round off sharp reflections. The 2A Alpha Panel is also right at home anywhere in a tracking room or other large spaces, helping spread out the energy evenly across the whole room.
The 2A Alpha Panel is constructed as a 50mm wood-framed panel filled with rigid rockwool (core made from 100% recycled materials, environmentally friendly without any formaldehyde or urea formaldehyde), wrapped in your choice of fabric, and finished with an attractive plate which has a mathematical sequence of slots for one-dimensional scattering/diffusion.
Scattering high frequencies with the use of slats in a mathematical sequence allows you to achieve an even decay time from low to high frequencies, while providing the necessary absorption to flatten the frequency response.
GIK Acoustics 2A Alpha Panel
The tests were carried out in the large reverberation room at the University of Salford (Manchester England). The room has been designed with hard surfaces and non-parallel walls to give long empty room reverberation times with uniform decays.
GIK Acoustics Alpha Series 4A Alpha Panel Product Video
- This video provides product information for the GIK Acoustics 4A Alpha Panel. Descriptions of size, color options, placement and construction are presented.
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
How Diffusion Works
- Diffusors are used to treat sound imperfections in rooms such as echoes and are an excellent complement to sound absorption because they do not remove sound energy. In this video we’ll examine How Diffusion Works.
Bass Traps and Understanding Low Frequencies
- This video examines how low end frequencies move in a room and how bass traps can solve these problems.
GIK Acoustics bass traps and acoustic panels are available in 9 standard Camira Cara fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to any Camira Cara colour for an additional £4.00 per panel or choose Camira Lucia fabric for an additional £10.00 per panel.
9 STANDARD CAMIRA CARA COLOURS
Choose any Camira Cara fabric for additional £4.00 per panel (+ VAT)
Choose any Camira Lucia fabric for additional £10.00 per panel (+ VAT)
To view the full line of Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabrics click HERE.
Each Square (595mm x 595mm) Alpha Series Panel comes with a sawtooth hanger for easy wall mounting.
Each Rectangle (595mm x 1205mm) Alpha Series Panel comes with two sawtooth hangers for easy wall mounting.
You have your choice of orientation. The Alpha Series panel can be hung vertically or horizontally or in a combination of patterns. The choice is yours.
OPTIONAL freestanding supports available on rectangular (595mm x 1205mm) Alpha Series Panel. When freestanding, the Alpha Series Panel can change the acoustics of a room by simply turning the panel to face front or back. Position the Alpha Series plate outward for diffusion or turn the backside outward for absorption. Also allows for flexible placement in early reflection points or straddling corners as a bass trap.
There’s a difference between a GIK Acoustics product and all others on the market.
The U.S. Patent & Trademark Office issued utility patent US 9,091,060 for GIK’s unique, proprietary design of its acoustic absorbers. The patent covers the design and construction of GIK Acoustics’ 242 Acoustic Panels, 244 Bass Traps with FlexRange Technology, and Monster Bass Traps with FlexRange Technology.
We separate ourselves from other acoustic treatment manufacturers in 6 primary areas.
QUALITY MATERIALS MEAN QUALITY PRODUCTS:
GIK Acoustics products are beyond simple do-it-yourself panels that are found on the market today. We start with only the highest-quality materials that will not sag or leak over time, then we build every panel by hand employing a unique two-frame system.
Unlike other companies who use inexpensive materials, GIK Acoustics panels are crafted with quality insulation material, fabrics and hardwood plywoods. We start with absorptive insulation material that is intended for room acoustics – not cheap mineral wool whose main purpose is to insulate a ship’s engine room.
We then use carefully selected hardwood plywoods – not cheap imports – to construct our frames. The difference and chief advantage is dimensional stability. Crossbanded layers and balanced construction mean that hardwood plywood won’t shrink, swell or warp as much as lumber. To finish our panels we offer an array of fine fabrics – from our standard 9 options to the full line of Guilford of Maine acoustic fabrics in the USA and the full line of Camira fabrics in Europe.
Our team of professional builders handcraft each acoustic panel, bass trap and diffusor to exacting standards ensuring the most attractive, effective and dependable products. The difference is our customers are secure in knowing they receive the very best made-to-order acoustic treatments available.
Dollar for dollar, GIK Acoustics’ products absorb more sabins (sound) than any other product on the market. We provide our customers the most cost effective solution to make every space sound it’s best.
GIK Acoustics Panels are tested and certified by the Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL) to provide the most accurate information on the results you can expect when you purchase our products.
Our exceptional cost-to-benefit ratio means our customers do not over-buy or over-treat a room to get results.
HELPFUL SUPPORT STAFF:
We start by helping customers determine the best products to treat their space with our free, expert Acoustic Advice. Our well-respected design team has years of experience and are available to provide assistance not only with product selection but product placement within your room.
In addition to providing knowledgeable recommendations, GIK Acoustics maintains contact throughout the order process. Our trained Customer Service team ensures quality, timely delivery and reliability. And our staff is available to help with special needs or custom orders.
The GIK Acoustics difference is we assist with everything from product inquiries to custom orders to delivery notifications to satisfaction follow ups. We guarantee it.
When it comes to improving the sound quality in a room, many find the science to be overwhelming and the task of DIY’ing acoustic treatments to be daunting. As part of our commitment to our customers, GIK Acoustics provides Educational Articles and Videos to demystify room acoustics. It’s long been our goal to help customers truly understand how sound behaves in a space and the importance and benefits of proper room treatment.
With our blog Acoustics & Audiogeekery, GIK Acoustics aims to explain what you’re hearing and how to improve your audio. Our blog is a resource and a repository of discussions and techniques in the quest to make better audio. Audio is interesting – whether you’re making music, mixing, or simply listening & enjoying – and manipulating technology to solve problems to improve audio is the essence of “audiogeekery.”
Over the past 13 years, GIK Acoustics has pioneered a number of acoustic treatments that you can’t find anywhere else. From the Tri-Trap Corner Bass Trap© to our Soffit Bass Trap© to the built in Scatter Plate, GIK continues to innovate. After a year of research & development, in 2013 we introduced FlexRange Technology – our unique, patented system for providing the best in bass trapping and low end absorption.
In 2015 we launched the Alpha Series, a line of acoustic panels and bass traps with a rigid plate which has a mathematical sequence of slots for one-dimensional scattering / diffusion. The Alpha Series literally changes the face of acoustic panels and bass traps by beautifully combining absorption with diffusion and enhancing any room both aesthetically and acoustically with superior quality, high-performing, and stylish room treatments.
GIK Acoustics is also proud to have launched creative, unique products such as: the multifunctional PIB (Portable Isolation Booth), the decorative and effective Impression Series, and the striking, precise Gotham N23 5″ Quadratic Skyline Diffusor.
We are constantly innovating, so look for more solutions and creative treatments from GIK Acoustics.
It’s our commitment to use environmentally safe materials for all our products. We use ECOSE absorption material, eco-friendly wood and we offer customers recycled fabric options as well. Greensafe means GIK Acoustics products are friendlier on air quality, the environment, and your budget.