No products in the cart.
BRADFORD, UK (07 July 2015) – GIK Acoustics-Europe has announced their latest product offering: the GIK Acoustics Evolution PolyFusor – a curved panel that smoothly transitions from a low-frequency bass trap to a mid- to upper-frequency diffusor.
The GIK Acoustics Evolution PolyFusor is a combination of a polycylindrical diffusor and an absorber merged into a single unit. Polycylindrical diffusors, or polyfusors, are known for their excellent dispersion characteristics over a very wide range. The curved front plate allows for virtually perfect spatial diffusion, while letting lower frequency waves pass through to the cavity of absorption behind.
The Evolution PolyFusor is best used in multiples to keep the sound spread evenly throughout the room, and to help with low frequency build up and standing waves. The Evolution PolyFusor is a great addition to a room where wide band dispersion is needed, especially as an addition to deep corner bass traps and other absorbers.
Features of the Evolution PolyFusor:
- Poly diffusors are known for their excellent dispersion characteristics, the Evolution PolyFusor is virtually a perfect spatial diffusor
- Standard dimensions: 1200mm tall x 600mm wide with a narrow 155mm profile that hugs the walls
- Thin wood poly lets low frequency waves in for low end absorption
- Ideal on the front wall, rear sidewalls or back wall of control rooms. Ideal basically anywhere in a live/recording room
- The Evolution PolyFusor smoothly transitions from a bass trap at 80Hz, to upper-bass/lower-mid scattering device, to diffusor. Starts diffusing at 600Hz
- When properly used in multiples, in relation to boundaries and/or with absorption, the Evolution PolyFusor truly sounds neutral but provides a bigger feel psychoacoustically
The Evolution PolyFusor provides a great mix of absorption and diffusion capabilities. GIK Acoustics-Europe General Manager David Shevyn adds, “The Evolution PolyFusor is another dynamic product that we’ve developed that provides form and function at a reasonable price. Poly diffusors are a great way to retain life in a space without creating unwanted glaring, smearing or other mix position horrors.”
For pricing and more information on the Evolution PolyFusor, visit the EVOLUTION POLYFUSOR product page.